The Oak Centre is a Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC), based at a safe, secure and discreet location in Exeter. All our staff are specially trained to support those who have experienced rape and/or sexual assault, recently or in the past, in a non-judgmental manner. You will always be believed and treated with the utmost dignity and respect.
The Oak Centre can provide support and services to males and females of any age.
The services we offer here at The Oak Centre include:
- Crisis Worker support for victims who come to the Oak Centre
- Forensic medical facilities and examination
- Sexual health and contraception information and referral services
- Follow-up emotional and practical support from an independent advisor (ISVA)
- Information about reporting to the police or sharing information anonymously with the police
- Support to help people through the criminal justice system
- Information on, and referral, to other support services in the area
- Advice about personal safety
- Referral to our counsellor