I am a professional
These pages is for all professionals who may wish to refer to the SARC, or understand more about our services, including those working of health and social care, local authorities and public sector organisations.
The Oak Centre Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC)
The Oak Centre offers a range of services to support males and females, of all ages, who have experienced sexual abuse or sexual violence, either recently or in the past.
The services we offer include:
- Crisis Worker support for victims who come to the Oak Centre
- Forensic medical facilities and examinations
- Sexual health and contraception information and referral services
- Follow-up emotional and practical support from an independent advisor (ISVA)
- Information about reporting to the police or sharing information anonymously with the police
- Support to help people through the criminal justice system
- Information on, and referral to, other support services in the area
- Advice about personal safety
- Referral to our counsellor
We work closely with Devon and Cornwall Police to support clients who have reported to the police. However, if clients are over 18 and unsure about whether to report to the police they can refer themselves to our service without involving the police.
Alternatively, professionals, for example, GP, sexual health staff, social workers and therapists, who are working with the client, can refer to our service.
Please click on the links on the left for information about the services we offer.
If you would like any further information, please contact us on 01392 436967
If you would like to refer a patient to The Oak Centre SARC, please complete the referral form and return to us at ndht.OakCentreEnquiries@nhs.net
Oak Centre referral form (word doc)